Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembering 9/11 and a Thank You!

Tags are the current challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and the only requirement is to use "stamps" and a tag! Come on, you can do that and we would love to see your stamped creations and there is a fabulous prize for the winner!   This week, Lisa's Bloggers Challenge is "Stars" and that is open to our own interpretation. Today I am playing tribute to 9/11 and to all those who were lost and all those people who lost someone! The pain of losing a loved one is devastating to say the least, but more so when that loss is sudden and tragic. My heart goes out to all of those who were in one way or another a victim of this act of terrorism.

Now I did lots of masking and embossing on this tag and all stamps are from Tim Holtz. I thought this set was so appropriate for what I wanted to achieve. First I stamped the tag top and bottom using the stars and clear embossing ink and powder and heat set. Next I stamped the city using Stampin Up black craft ink and added clear EP and heat set. Covered the areas above or below the stars using and then inked with Distress Inks, Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans. I used Chipped Sapphire around the edges of the blue. I then masked off the stars and added my stripes to represent the American Flag, to include the thirteen stripes starting and ending with red. This was done by masking the areas I wanted to remain white. Fired Brick was used for the red stripes. I then stamped the heart again using the black craft in and embossed. I stamped a second image and cut out the heart and banner. After I colored using the blues, I covered with Rock Candy crackle and inked with Vintage Photo. I carefully removed the excess color. All tag edges (and mini) were shaded using Vintage Photo. The heart I used to hold my ribbon, was a Tim Holtz charm that I dipped in the black craft ink and then clear embossed.

This came in today's mail!  I won this from Carol  "Carolee's Scrapping Spot" for her actual birthday blog candy giveaway!  Thank you so much!   As it happens her daughter and my son were also born on the same day! 

BTW, I use a link roller to remove bits and pieces from my steel rule dies and to pick up stray glitter. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you will come and join us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

45 comments:

Christine said...

What a great tribute to those who lost their lives 10 years ago.

Sharon said...

Terry that is just amazing - perfect for the 9/11 remembrance!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful tag and a wonderful tribute to those who lost so much on 9/11. Congrats on the Cricut win!

Netty said...

A terrific tribute to 9/11 such a terrible day and one we will never forget. I adore the design of your tag Terry. Have a great weekend, Annette x
PS. Congratulations on your win

Eve said...

beautiful tag, Terry, to play tribute for the 9/11 remembrance. Luv this tag very much, esp. with the heart :-)

Debi said...

Great tag Terry great tribute x Debi x

Christine said...

What a gorgeous tag and beautiful tribute! This is the 2nd time I've seen that skyline stamp used for a 9/11 tribute. It's perfect!

Evelyn S. said...

Such a fabulous tag set! I'm going to try to CASE some of it....I need a kick-start, and I happen to have those stamps. ;-)

Deb (dcorder) said...

This tag is so fabulous! I love it.

Kathie McGuire said...

Wow, that is one beautifully creative tag. I just had to stop by your blog and get a close-up of it after seeing on the TJ group. Your tags are always so lovely...and this is definitely one of my faves!!!

Michele said...

Terry this tag is a perfect and beautiful tribute. as we remember this terrible day my heart is full of a lot of thoughts and emotions. your tag gave me a lift. xo

Laura said...

Superb! I have see a few remembrance tags. Such a poignant and worthy idea. So meaningful, Love what you have done here. I think I should create something too as a tribute. Then I think there should be another destination for these tags? Any ideas?

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- fantastic! Such a wonderful 911 tribute. Awesome tag and image.

Willy said...

Fabulous tag and wonderful tribute, Terry!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This tag is perfect, Terry. We have been watching the remembrance programmes here in the UK this week and feel very sad for the terrible tragedy that befell our US friends. This tag is a wonderful remembrance,

Lucy x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous tag, it is so heartfelt for the occasion, a day everyone will remeember no matter where they live. Yvonne x

Unknown said...

What a fine tribute Terry... We saw a documentary yesterday on tv, with interviews of people who lost beloved ones, very emotional. It will be a difficult day for many Americans, my thoughts are with you all...

Anonymous said...

Terry
Your tag is a wonderful tribute as is your actual post.
I've found this week to be a time for reflection and contemplation and no matter what corner of the world we live we must never let this time in history be forgotten.
Your tag art is worth one thousand words.
Take good care my DT sister.
Lynne x

Lindsay Weirich said...

that is just stunning Terry! and so appropriate today;)

Valerie-Jael said...

Great tag and a wonderful tribute to all who died and all those who risked their lives to help those in danger! Valerie

Unknown said...

Such an Amazing tag.. And a wonderful tribute to those lost 10 years ago..

Congrats to you an your win!!!

Hugs, Linda

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful and moving, great tribute to those who suffered 10 years ago... xx

Jan Hennings said...

What a beautiful tribute and a gorgeous card!

Yvonne Garner said...

Terry, your tag could not be more appropriate for today, 9/11. Thank you for remembering and honoring the fallen heroes.

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous tag. I love your style. Glad I found Fashionable stampers...I must ener more. Thanks for the inspiration. gerri

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What an amazing tag Terry! A beautiful way to remember all of the loved ones from September 11th! Lovely sentiment too! :D

Georgie Horn said...

This is an amazing tribute, I love the masking you did on it and thanks for sharing how you did it.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Awesome! A perfect use for that heart stamp! And the composition is perfection, too.
Rinda

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very nicely done, from the heart and creativly GF. Didn't know you had a Cricut, I just got one.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Terry, this is a totally gorgeous tribute...and so heartfelt--I love it.

And you're welcome to post anything you like for the party--You're so talented I just know you'll have something amazing--and it can be from an older post too.
XO
Cindy

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tribute to 9/11. We'll never forget this terrible day.

Brenda Brown said...

One fabulous tag Terry, such an amazing tribute to the day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sherry said...

Your tag is wonderful Terry and a fitting rememberance tribute x

Congratulations on your win too.

Sherry xx

Lisa said...

I just bought that stamp set--I love how you used it! A great remembrance for sure! And great tip on the lint brush for the dies...I like that!

Lisa said...

Oh, I forgot to say that the Word Collage cart looks to be awesome--it's on my wish list. I'm sure you'll love it--Congratulations!
I hope you're doing well. I'm still in and out right now until my PC is fixed...but boy is it annoying. LOL

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the crackle in the heart I love this stamp, thank you for the lovely comment youbleft on me blog, very touched as I think your stuff is great !!thanks trace x

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Terry~Hope you're having a great day!

XO
Cindy

Basement Stamper said...

I love the effect that you achieved on this card, it's phenomenal!! Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge.

Riet Harikini said...

Amazing way to remember, beautiful made

Anonymous said...

So striking and beautiful. Love love love the texture too. Great tribute piece
hugs June x

Chrissy D said...

Terry - this is FANTASTIC!!! Love the embossing on this!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab tribute! Wonderful job masking, love all the added distressing! Thanks for playing along at the Bloggers Challenge!

Ida said...

Playing Comment "Catch-Up" today.
Wow this tag card is fabulous. What a beautiful tribute.

Ida said...

Playing Comment "Catch-Up" today.
Wow this tag card is fabulous. What a beautiful tribute.

Lynn Stevens said...

Wonderful tribute for a sad day for all of us. Congrats on your blog candy win!
hugs Lynn

Blog Archive