Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grungy Monday #27

We just love Grungy Monday and for some of us, it can fall on any day of the week!  This was actually finished yesterday, but by the time my stickles dried, it was kind of dark!  So here is the scoop!  Linda has brought us to Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas, 2007, Day 6 and of course we can do whatever our little hearts desire, as long as we use the same techniques!  This really is prettier in person as you can't see the shimmer or sparkle very well.

I cut my snowflake masks from Tim's Winder Wonder die, along with the Snowman.  Stormy Sky reinker and Perfect Pearls Pewter were used for my misting mix.  The On The Edge Snowflake border and Snowman were cut from white chipboard and then painted with Delta's Pearl Gleams, a quick spray of the PP mix.  The snowflake stamps (Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky) are from Mr. Tim.  Added a coat of Rock Candy Crackle to the Snowflake border and then another coat of paint.  We finished off with some Ice Stickles for the Snowman Hat and tops of the Snowflake border.  Distressed paper edges with Faded Jeans.  The "Joy" word once cut out of the Snowman was given an extra painting of the PP mix and Delta's Pearl Gleams paint. 

Have a wonderful rest of the week and thanks a bunch for stopping by!

32 comments:

Beverly G said...

Great use of that technique, love it.

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Terry, the snowflake background and the on the edge die are perfect with the colours.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sandra said...

Love that snowman :). And the edges are wonderful!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous!

Lucy x

Sue said...

This is fab Terry, you can feel the cold just by looking at this x

Lynn Stevens said...

How darling Terry, Love the snowflake die along the bottom!
hugs Lynn

1CardCreator said...

Brrr, this is fabulous Terry! I love how you distressed the edges and inked them in too! This is very "cool" lol.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful, the edge snowflake draws you to look closer at the other details.
Yvonne x

Hettie said...

Hey Terry, you an I have both done our GM early this week!! Loving what you have done and that edge die looks awesome! Going on my wish list now, but will have to wait as I had two new dies today - oops! I only meant to order new long plates for my Big Shot!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece and gorgeous colours, too! Valerie

Ruby Craft said...

When I look at this I feel Winter's on it's way. We don't have much snow here in Georgia, so I have to enjoy it when I can. Love your tag!

Mrs.B said...

This is great Terry, Love the way you have cut Joy out of the snowman, great frosty feel to it.
Avril xx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I love snowmen and this is a wonderful one...great colors too!

Carol W. said...

Love the background - Beautiful TFS

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love all the snowflakes!

Yvonne Garner said...

Terry, you are the master of techniques! So well done. Bravo! Yvonne

Michele said...

totally delightful Terry! way cool. xo

Sharon said...

Very cute Terry!!

Unknown said...

Smart card Terry! Love how you combined all those dies, great snowy colours!!

Pam said...

Love the snowman! And I can see a bit of shimmer from here! Love the blues!
Pam

Lisa said...

You've got me SO in the mood to start my Christmas goodies! I think this turned out lovely. The blues are a great fit.

Unknown said...

WOW!! This looks gorgeous.. Looks like it would have been a lot of fun to make.. Hope you have a happy week my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Sherry said...

It's perfect Terry, I particularly like the snowflakes along the bottom x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great colors here and wonderful glittering. Love the snowflake die (it's on my wish list)

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful card, Terry. Love how you've done the snowman. I am not ready for snow, though!

Maggie said...

Fabulous Tag brrrrr makes me feel very wintery!

Maggie

Patricia said...

So beautifull!!!!
I thougt i make a snowman and i will post it.... what did i see a BEAUTIFULL snowman. haha
Greetz Paricia

Shelly Hickox said...

I swear, I never think I need something until I see you use it! Now I want that snowman die and the snowflake edge die. Curses! I'm going to Joann's right now - free shipping today, lol!

It goes without saying that I love this tag. :-)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Hey Terry, see you are busy making the Christmas tags, what fun! I scrolled all the way down to the rose card you sent me, thank you, and luv your recent art! hugs

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Terry,
This is a stunning card--and I adore all the details!!! You are amazing, my friend! XO Cindy
P.S. I was thinking I need a new blog called Cindy1dog! I love seeing pictures of your adorable dogs!

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant,oh its so wintery,beautiful detail as always hun,hugs cherylxxxx

Electra said...

I love how sparkly this is, Terry!

Blog Archive