Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Books Blog Hop at Artistic Outpost

The February blog hop theme is "Books" at Artistic Outpost and with so many lovely stamps sets that fit the theme, I decided to add to my newly started Travel Journal with a couple of pages! For more inspiration and great art, be sure to visit all of the talented DT.
Terry (me), Shari, Tracy, Gerrie, Kate, Lisa

I have already admitted that I am on shaky ground where journaling is concerned and am not sure what I am doing. For this being my journal with my life, I decided to go with the flow and make it mine and in my style. Over Valentine's Day we went to Portland, OR where my daughter and grandson now live. Not that February is the time of year to visit the City of Roses (and lots of rain), but Holly's birthday is also in that month and that weekend worked out for all of us. As it turned out, the weather was totally gorgeous with no rain at all!

The background started with painting on  Distress Stains (Broken China, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain) and spritzing water to blend. Next I added texture using modeling paste and also Distress inks through various stencils.
Using the Airplane from Industrial Backgrounds our flight begins and using various words from Huck Finn, so appropriate for traveling, where stamped in Black Archival.
I cut apart the Alpha block stamp letters from the Secretary Pool for PORTLAND. Next to finish the on route page, I painted the Alpha Part, added some rubs, colored and cracked my world!
The next page was designed for our arrival.
The roses were cut from Tim's Wallflower paper, fussy cut and crackled as after all Portland is the City of Roses.
The tickets were cut, inked and I added some Broken China through a stencil. The sentiment is from the Typography collection.
When in Portland there are many wonderful restaurants and using the new release The Baker, I stamped her on a 7 Gypsies tag, which of course was inked first and stamped in Coffee Archival. I water colored in some of pans for interest. I wanted her to pop a little, so kept ink away from her and the bread dough. 
On the back I will note the restaurants we did visit. 
Finished it off with a few butterflies and a lattice trim stained and crackled. 
Hope you enjoyed my little travel journal piece and I do thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece Terry! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon said...

Wow Terry love your pages - love that world globe and fantastic tag!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful pages Terry, its a fabulous journal spread.
Yvonne xx

Pamellia said...

Fabulous piece Terry! Love the crackle texture on your globe and flowers, what a lovely contrast of soft and grunge! Love the layout and the theme, so vintage and worldly! hugs :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh what fun! I love the fact that you stepped out of your comfort zone and jumped in with 2 feet GF! Your pages are great.

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous journal pages, Terry! Such a great way to remember your trip to Portland with the extra added elements!

Annie said...

Fabulous journalling project Terry. So many great details/techniques. Lots to view and a great keepsake.

Tfs and hugs Annie x

Juliz Design Post said...

What fantastic journal pages and your crackled globe is amazing.
Julie xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely journal pages Terry, love all the layers you added and the touches of frameworks. Love how you combined all the imagery. Hugs . Tracy x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love peeking into your Art Journal- and your pages of your visit to Portland are wonderful! So many wonderful details- very pretty roses, love the globe and the die cut & lettering.

Michele said...

you are doing this journal thing exactly right Terry -- it's all about your own style and expression! so yours is lovely. thanks for the ehads up about the blog hop. i'll be hopping along now! xo

Astrid Maclean said...

FANTASTIC Terry, I totally love these pages! uch great colours and so beautifully put together!!

Redanne said...

Wow Terry, this is fabulous! I love every single detail on your journal page - especially the crackled globe, it is superb!! Love this - a lot! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Your journaling pages look supercool Terry, I, too, absolutely love your globe with the crackle texture, in fact there's so much to look at! Great details! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Kate Yetter said...

I love your art journal layout and all the AO sets you incorporated! Very creative and fun. The perfect memoir from your travels!
Kate

Karin said...

Beautiful pages, love it!
Groetjes Karin

Anonymous said...

I love your approach that you are working to your own style (to be honest, I haven't completely grasped the whole AJ concept, if there are any particular rules, etc)
So much of interest and that globe is amazing. Quite stunning!
Wishes
Lynne

Sandra said...

Wow, Terry! This art journal spread is amazing! All the crackle is so cool! Love every bit! Hugs, Sandra

experiments in paper said...

Love it! Looks like you had fun - and it will continue as a wonderful memory of a great trip. Love your crackle, especially on those beautiful roses! xx Lynn

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, fabulous journal pages with lots of interest. A great way to remember your weekend.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, fabulous journal pages with lots of interest. A great way to remember your weekend.
Avril xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fab book with so many awesome touches, Terry. Love how you tucked your names in on the tickets behind the tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Shame on me for missing this fabulous step into journalling... I absolutely love what you've done, Terry! Love that there's so much personal connection to the elements included, and the crackle over the roses and that brilliant globe - it all looks amazing. Fantastic... can't wait to see where you go next!
Alison xx

Blog Archive